Tuesday, March 31, 2009

QingMing Holiday

I'm looking forward to my three-day weekend coming up. A traditional festival, Qingming(Tomb Sweeping Day) will be honored on Saturday by giving students and faculty a day away from the classroom. If I was in the States, I would think about putting some flowers on my father's grave and spend a few moments thinking about him.
Twitter has become an important means of communication and knowledge sharing with others thru out China and the US. Another teacher/expat, Jess works in Hangzhou and practices tai chi. I admire her dedication to this art form.
The expat life has its ups and downs. I love the challenges that China brings so that part is the Nanjing. Then there is the Taos part where I lived for 10 years. I miss the mountains, high desert, low pollution.Spanish and Tiwa spoken there as often as English. My daughter wonders when I'm coming home. For me, that is a difficult question. Now it seems I "visit" home but my life is in China.

No comments: