Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Year 2009
And soon-we will be celebrating the Year of the Ox with food, fireworks and wearing of the red. Wearing something that is red will help ward off the ghost of bad luck-(depends on your translation). We all are looking for signs-of positiveness, even in the blah of January.
The sky is as gray as the concrete today so it is really a blah day. So, I'm thankful for the small heater and the PC that keep me warm.
I am now on holiday for 6 weeks-having turned in the last of the grades on Sunday morning.
Last winter I traveled to HK by train(20 hrs) and enjoyed my time. But the return was delayed due to snow, ice, and lack of electricity between HK and Shanghai.
So I have more time to connect with my Twitter friends, work on my Chinese and come up with new blog topics. And wonder what sites may be blocked in the coming months due to so-called vulgarity as on the pages of Baidu .
Keep reading...

No comments: