Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Wed evening in Nanjing
It was like summer today-a high of 20(C) but when the sun goes down this concrete bldg gets cold. So it was great to feel the sun on my face, have an iced mocha at the coffee place.
Starbucks Nanjing has "NO Smoking" signs but there were 2 guys puffing awat so I reminded them. This is one of the few places where you don't get smoke in your face-and I do appreciate that. One of themdid apologize to me.
Thinking about setting up blogs for my classes during the spring term-definitely a collaborative effort.
An e-mailfrom my mother-my winter coat is coming-maybe I'll need it next month. Wish I was going to an island paradise for the holiday like Pukhet but the politics remain iffy in Bangkok. Then I could wear my summer clothes for a few days.
Having grown up in MN I am not anxious for snowand/or cold. Last winter was the coldest in 50 yrs so it will be interesting to see how this winter pans out.
Keep reading.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have a Nanjing Starbucks coffee mug, collector series. Do you know how much it's worth?